Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Resurfacing

I have read pitifully little of late and have written even less, so here's my first effort at resuming the reading/writing routine.

A friend at work is all excited to read Nicole Richie's book. Normally she's likes something a little more, um, intellectually stimulating, but I think that she has a pretty strong voyeuristic streak when it comes to celebrities. She read The Dirt by Motley Crue--I gave her my copy--and loved it. I recommended that she read the Aerosmith bio.

I heard a fantastic presentation/interview with Doris Kearns Goodwin about Team of Rivals on NPR. I was so impressed (not that it takes particularly much--NPR is going to be my undoing) that I drove to a bookstore as I was listening to the program and picked up a copy of the book.

I am still wandering through The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum and Nine Layers of Sky.

Definitely far off the pace of my goal of reading a book a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home