Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Ta Da! Finished!

I have finished reading my first book of the year, The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum by Kim Izzo. Yes, I started reading it last year, and I probably purchased it the year before, but I have at last finished.

Basic principles with a bit of flair. Many of the topics of discussion really ought to be common sense, but sadly they are not. Forget The Rules (that awful book about manipulating a man into marriage), ladies, and take a step back from the fabulous lives of the women of Sex and the City or even the Sweet Potato Queens. The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum is a worthwhile, lighthearted refresher course in manners, and you might learn a thing or two along the way. I know I did.

My next adventure is into the fashion world in the form of Alligators, Old Mink and New Money: One Woman's Adventures in Vintage Clothing by Alison and Melissa Houtte. One chapter in, and I am most amused by observations on the effect that the style and shopping habits of a mother can have on her daughter. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is this, "TA DA" ????

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home